Follow these tips to help prevent sunburn and heat related illness.
- Apply sunscreen before your child comes to school. Sunscreen should be reapplied every 2-3 hours. Send sunscreen with your child and show him or her how to use it
- Children should wear a hat and light colored clothing.
- Send sunglasses if your child has them.
- Hydration, hydration, hydration! This is the number one way to prevent heat related illness.
- Your child must bring a water bottle to Field Day. Encourage your child to drink often.
For more information about sunscreen and sun safety, click here Sun Safety
To learn more about heat safety, click here heat related illnesses